Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Social Media Manager
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a founding member of our social media team who can build, develop and execute a social media and influencer program that tells our data in motion story to the world. As a member of the external communications team, you will be responsible for building cross-functional partnerships to create, execute, measure, and refine a social program that advances Confluent’s thought leadership among IT leaders, developers, and the tech ecosystem. You are an adaptable and creative storyteller who can develop compelling and engaging social-first content for established and emerging social platforms. As a founding team member, you can deliver measurable outcomes in the short term with an eye towards building an exceptional social media team. We can’t wait to learn from and work with you!
- Lead strategy and execution of Confluent’s social media programs
- Create impactful social-first content that engages audiences and inspires them to learn, share and try
- Develop a global social calendar and execute day-to-day tactics
- Manage an external social media agency and inspire them to do award-winning work
- Measure the results of your work to continually refine and improve the program
- Experiment with new tactics across emerging social channels and platforms
- Uncover new opportunities for Confluent to share its unique voice in trends relevant to the company and our audiences
- Spearhead, activate and manage an employee advocacy program
- Creative storyteller first, with experience in comms, social media, journalism, or other marketing disciplines
- Exceptional communication and writing skills, with an ability to adapt storytelling approach for the nuances of platforms and audiences
- Deep understanding of social media platforms, products, and channels with an ability to leverage each to their full potential
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and willingness to embrace change and adapt strategies on the fly
- Proactive with a bias for action
- High-quality bar and meticulous attention to detail
- Curiosity and ability to transition from strategic thinking to creative execution
- 6+ years experience driving measurably great social media program(s)
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.