Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
• Partner with business stakeholders to understand key metrics and document business requirements for developing appropriate business analysis and reporting applications.
• Build interactive data visualizations, work with businesses to tease out the best stories to tell from a given dataset
• Break down complex, multi-part data sets into digestible pieces for the audience through innovative storytelling devices that visually summarize large concepts
• Write complex SQLs, profile the large data set and provide insights with rich Visualizations.
• Collaborate with analysts, developers, and leadership.
• Develop UI mock-ups, storyboards, flow diagrams, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and interactive prototypes.
• Responsible for troubleshooting data issues and conducting root cause analysis when reporting data is in question.
• Documentation of projects artifacts and train end-users for better adoption.
What we are looking for:
• 5+ years of total experience in both data warehouse and BI technologies with a minimum of 3 years, primarily on Tableau and/or Looker.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally
• Experience analyzing data in marketing technology and sales customer relationship management (CRM) and Web platforms like Salesforce.com (SFDC), Segment, Google Analytics, Marketo, Eloqua, etc. Strong SQL skills within relational database systems like Big Query, SQL Server, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or marketing or equivalent work experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.