23andMe is seeking a talented and driven Data Scientist to support laboratory operations. You will work closely with cross functional teams to develop and deliver metrics, analyses, insights and solutions to drive efficiency and productivity in laboratory operations.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Develop, deploy and maintain analytical pipelines and data visualization dashboards that support daily operation and monitor lab performance, inventory and cost
- Develop and manage the operational data infrastructure
- Support the data analysis for internal studies
- Improve existing processes through workflow optimization, standardization and automation
- Identify patterns and trends in laboratory performance; analyze and pinpoint potential problems
- Ensure the continuity of microarray performance over time
What you’ll bring
- PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Informatics or other pertinent fields
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Coding proficiency in Python
- Strong SQL and relational database experience
- Experience with cloud computing environments, such as AWS and Google
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong data visualization skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented work style
- Experience with LIMS and lab data structures is a plus
- Knowledge in Molecular Biology and Genetics is a plus
- Experience working in regulated/validated environment is a plus
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.