About 23andMe - This company is built on science. We make evidence-based decisions. In a world where health is poorly understood, we use data to better understand wellness and disease.
We are looking for a Data Engineer who could be a technical powerhouse when scaling data infrastructure, dashboards, tools, and reporting forecasts.
As a Data Engineer, you will be working cross-functionally with business domain experts, analytics partners, and engineering teams to design and implement our Data Warehouse model. This is a great role for problem solvers, who can anticipate problems and can also look beyond immediate issues. They will be a self-starter, detail and quality oriented, and passionate about having a huge impact at 23andMe.
We look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. An ideal candidate brings curiosity, a passion for data, and a deep understanding of the technologies behind data pipelines, warehousing, big data and analytics.
What you'll do:
We are looking for a Data Engineer with passion for data analytics and product. As a part of the team you will:
- Acquire deep business understanding on several domains and build scalable and optimized data solutions that impact many stakeholders.
- Be an advocate for data quality and excellence of our platform.
- Build close relationships with our partners to understand the value our platform can bring and how we can make it better.
- Build tools that help streamline the management and operation of our data ecosystem.
- Ensure best practices and standards in our data ecosystem are shared across teams.
- Improve data discovery by creating data exploration processes and promoting adoption of data sources across the company.
- Has a desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do everything by hand.
- Comfortable with weekly on-call rotation
- Passionate about CI/CD process.
- Design, develop and establish KPIs to monitor analysis and provide strategic insights to drive growth and performance.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline: computer science, statistics, operations research, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, research or related fields.
- Experience with SQL/Relational databases
- Experience with Amazon Web Services: Redshift, S3, Glue,EMR, or Athena
- Experience developing low latency data processing solutions like AWS Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Stream processing.
- Experience in at least one programming languages (e.g. Python, Java,)
- Strong experience with data scheduling tools like Stonebranch(Opswise) or Airflow.
- Experience with data visualization using Microstrategy, Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools.
- Master's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or a related field.
- Experience using analytics & reporting tools like Microstrategy, Tableau, Quicksight etc.
- Experience with Airflow and Kinesis is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge and experience building on AWS QuickSight.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.