Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
We are looking for an intellectually curious and enthusiastic individual to help the organization prepare for continued rapid growth by having a good understanding of the impact of the financial markets and risks on Robinhood. This role is responsible for monitoring corporate liquidity risks and investments, developing financial risk models, forecasting key balance sheet items and providing deepdive analysis into financial market drivers of the business.
This role suits those with a bias towards action and impact, who believe in end to end execution and accountability. You are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, operational, and creative. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building data driven models, then turning those models into processes and reports.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Creating reports and dashboards for Treasury of emerging risks using Looker
- Daily monitoring and reporting of risks across the firm
- Deep dive financial analysis into liquidity risks emerging in the Robinhood ecosystem
- Improving liquidity risk models at Robinhood
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering or a related field.
- Excellent quantitative and problem solving skills coupled with strong communication and the ability to present to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of financial risk practices; Value-At-Risk, Stress testing, Scenario Analysis, attribution models etc
- An understanding of macroeconomics including financial markets, financial instruments, trading strategies, and investment theory
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Ability to build and own process from the ground up
- Ability to get things done and comfortably operating with ambiguity
- Advanced graduate degree such as an MFE or in a similar technical field preferred.
- Experience building financial models with programming languages such as R or Python
- Knowledge of sophisticated financial instruments such as derivatives, futures, trading on leverage, and crypto
- Experience with time series modelling and regression techniques
- Experience with Looker
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).