Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Westlake, TX, US
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
The Strategy Manager is responsible for providing targeted policy recommendations to Fraud and Safety leadership to improve enterprise-level fraud risk posture, analysis and decisioning. You will supervise team leads, SMEs, and analysts and coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders to drive timely decision-making in response to latent and emerging fraud risks. In this role you will ensure the consistent application of fraud best practices, policies and procedures throughout the account lifecycle and across the Robinhood product ecosystem.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Oversight of the day to day production of a team composed of fraud SMEs, analysts and leads.
- Manage and facilitate work on projects to determine and define project scopes and objectives.
- Build consensus with product, engineering, security and customer experience teams to drive early, targeted interventions in fraud scenarios.
- Provide ongoing feedback to Robinhood’s Fraud Intelligence team to help inform collection requirements and fraud intelligence priorities.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and coordinate with the Fraud Operations leadership team to prioritize resources accordingly.
- Build and maintain an inventory of enterprise-level fraud rules and controls.
- Collect and analyze strategic-level reporting related to fraud patterns.
- Provide guidance to product and engineering teams on product design features and customer experience considerations.
- Review real-time dashboards for emerging fraud risks and take action when appropriate.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams of SMEs to analyze new product vulnerabilities and control proposals.
- Identify and implement efficiency and accuracy improvements throughout the investigation workflow and tools.
- Provide on-site subject matter expertise in current and emerging fraud typologies, investigative methods, customer-centric service, and company policies and resources.
- Facilitate career paths, mentoring and professional development of the analysts, SMEs and leads under your supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years working in fraud investigations, trust and safety or an adjacent industry
- 3+ years of direct supervision experience
- Experience coordinating multiple workflows between fraud engineering, product and customer experience teams
- Experience with fraud controls, rule building and analytics across multiple products and spanning the full account lifecycle
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders to drive initiatives and effect change
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with ongoing reporting and communication requirements
- Experience scaling, broadening, and maturing teams
- Experience with financial services fraud typologies
- Demonstrable experience executing in the details and continuously improving processes
- Experience managing projects in a startup environment
- Business strategy, legal, law enforcement, or financial intelligence unit (FIU) experience
- SQL experience
Colorado Residents Only: In accordance with Colorado state law, Robinhood provides an estimate of the pay range associated with this role. In Colorado, the target salary for this position is $123,000 to $145,000 Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience and certifications. Successful candidates for this role are eligible to participate in Robinhood’s equity plan.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).