Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a privacy-passionate Program Manager to join the Privacy Engineering Team.
The Privacy Engineering team is a core pillar of Trust Engineering and works with teams across Robinhood to ensure our products and services protect user privacy by designing architectures, tools, and features that reduce the exposure of user data while transparently sharing our privacy story.
Your work will ensure privacy is foundational in everything we do at Robinhood. You will be the technical advocate for privacy decisions, designs, and discussions. You will drive our privacy by design efforts and be the voice of the customer in evolving our user data request program to not only ensure we’re meeting our regulatory requirements but pushing beyond to do the right thing for our users.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Champion our privacy program by raising the bar on general knowledge about privacy and educating Robinhood employees and executives on privacy principles
- Prioritize, coordinate, manage, and facilitate privacy reviews with engineering, product teams, and Privacy stakeholders
- Develop Privacy frameworks and document guidance
- Partner with Legal to develop and operationalize policies and internal controls
- Supervise changes in the Privacy landscape and translate into meaningful engineering solutions
- Embed with engineering and product teams during development to ensure our data collection and usage practices are transparent, protect user privacy, and mitigate risk
- Collaborate with broad range of technical and non-technical teams, including Engineering, Product, Customer Experience, Compliance, and Legal
- Communicate our privacy tools and solutions both internally and externally
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 4+ years of work experience in privacy and/or security programs
- Experience building relationships and influencing stakeholders and engineers
- Process design and process improvement experience
- Experience in privacy with one of the following privacy principles or technologies: privacy by design, user data protection, GDPR, CCPA, data inventory, DLP, encryption anonymization, or privacy impact assessments
- Experience with concepts and practices such as threat modeling, data anonymization and classification, auditing access to data, and review of requests for data access
- Code review experience in one or more general purpose languages
- IAPP privacy certifications (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or Public Policy or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Finance and portfolio trading
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).