Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a seasoned manager to build out and manage our overall governance documentation program for RHY policies and standards. You will build a program to define our internal standards and policies and produce Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that are tested by our Written Supervisory Procedures (WSP). You will own the end-to-end lifecycle of the policy corpus, and other relevant standards and procedures that support the program and provide guidance for the company. You will define the program mission, perform a gap analysis, and create a strategic plan for prioritizing and addressing the gaps in collaboration with the compliance team.
The ideal candidate will thrive on working cross-functionally, building trust and great working relationships across a number of functions. You will have experience with building governance documentation programs and are an excellent writer that can produce clear documentation and drive consensus on it across the organization.
You will also manage the exception process and build a process for ingesting, reviewing, approving/rejecting, and closing out exceptions to the standards.
The role is currently an individual contributor function. As the company grows and needs are identified you may be asked to build and supervise a small team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Assessing the current state of governance documentation, including security policies, operational standards, and SOPs
- Monitor for and respond to new regulatory developments or issues that may pose compliance risk
- Defining a governance documentation program and creating a detailed plan to deliver the objectives of the program
- Writing policies, standards, operational procedures, and SOPs
- Meeting with stakeholders to review and obtain sign-off on standards
- Tracking action items for closing out exceptions
- Working with Risk Management and Internal Audit to assess the company against the documentation
- Presenting the program and findings against the documentation to regulators and executive management
- Provide objective oversight of control operating and design effectiveness and ensure business partners perform timely risk governance procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, risk management, or related field
- Experience writing policies and standards
- Experience building complex cross-functional programs
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Experience writing SOPs that are tested under a WSP
- Experience in a highly regulated environment and/or public companies
- Experience with off-the-shelf GRC tools
- CAMS certification
- Team lead experience and willingness to build a team
- Proficiency in risk governance practices