Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to build an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for an engineering manager to join our Growth team. You will be building, owning, and hypothesizing projects that will accelerate Robinhood’s growth. You will drive decisions using data to help prioritize products and projects that can drive the highest impact. You will lead a full stack technical team of web engineers, backend engineers and data scientists. You will work closely alongside other engineering teams as well as our product and marketing teams.
About the area, Lifecycle Optimization
Lifecycle Optimization is an area that owns the way Robinhood communicates with our existing and potential customers. The communication starts the moment potential customers land on the Robinhood website and continues throughout the customer’s journey with Robinhood. This team drives impact by optimizing these communications to achieve relevant communications at the right time with every customer.
As an Engineering Manager for the Lifecycle Optimization team, you’ll develop inclusive teams that adapt quickly to drive impact for Robinhood. You will continuously improve the team’s productivity and individual effectiveness and efficiency. You will contribute to Robinhood’s rapid growth via recruiting at all stages of the pipeline and will uplevel Robinhood’s engineering in technical and process dimensions.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- You’ll develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You'll mentor and grow engineers and data scientists while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
- You’ll partner with peers in Marketing, Product Management & Design to continuously grow and retain our customers
- You’ll help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- You’ll contribute to a strong analytics culture that embraces the scientific method
- You'll help set and fulfill the engineering and data science hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- You’ll improve the quality of Robinhood’s products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement
- You have 3+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role in growth or product teams
- You have managed a fullstack team with web and backend engineers as well as data scientists and data analysts
- You have a solid understanding of how to make data driven decisions
- You are very organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- You love to help engineers and data scientists develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Experience with lifecycle or email marketing flows
- Experience with web conversions and SEO
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.