Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Security [Remote - AMER]
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Security Engineer, you will drive overall cloud security and compliance requirements for Confluent Cloud SaaS offering with the ultimate goal of getting Confluent Cloud FedRAMP-certified and maintaining the Authority to Operate. In this role, you will design, implement and oversee security solutions that meet the standards of FedRAMP and other similar certifications - most importantly, the security stack must be automated to operate at scale.
About the role:
- Implement identity management systems
- Design role based access to cloud resources
- This position will also be required to supervise any security compliance audits and address any issues that are revealed by such audits
- Implement services that conform to FedRAMP requirements
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We Are Looking For:
- 4+ Years combined experience Software Engineering or Application Security & Tooling
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
- Docker, Kubernetes, or other container management systems
- Proficiency in Go or Python Proficiency in Docker or Kubernetes and Terraform Experience in Cloud Security development
- Strong working knowledge of AWS, GCP and Azure cloud environments and technologies
- Experience with FedRamp is a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.