Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
- Works to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory. Territory may be a combination of geographic, product, industry, and other customers/market dimensions.
- Sells to the territory directly or via partners.
- Manages accounts throughout the entire sales process, and collaborates with team members in business development, customer success, and support to uncover all customer needs.
- Responsible for understanding product offerings and competitive issues to develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the sale.
- Travels to customer sites to identify/develop sales opportunities when required.
- Participates in the development, presentation, and sales of a value proposition.
- Onsite customer presentation with C-levels (as required) to negotiate and close strategic and complex deals.
- Liaises with customer contacts for the purpose of managing the customer relationship, identifying new opportunities, and maximizing sales.
- Comfortable negotiating SaaS/cloud/software contracts.
- 5+ years experience growing pipeline and selling enterprise IT solutions.
- Consistent track record of success and history of quota attainment in consultative sales environments.
- Knowledge of Open Source, Big Data, Cloud, Systems Infrastructure, Enterprise Application Integration, Database and/or Data warehouse concepts and products preferred.
- Adept at using Salesforce.com or other CRM tools to manage accounts, contacts, and opportunities throughout the sales process.
- Outstanding communication skills - written and oral including strong presentation skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- High-integrity, intelligence, and self-driven.
- Highly developed selling, customer relations, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to penetrate accounts and meet with stakeholders within accounts.
- Team player.
- Open to Travel to customer locations as needed.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent preferred.