Confluent provides the streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data.
Marketing Operations Manager
Mountain View, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role:
The Marketing Operations Manager will be a highly collaborative analytical thinker able to develop and implement creative solutions to operational challenges. This individual contributor will be responsible for various operations and automation projects ranging from implementing new marketing technologies to lead scoring. You will also be directly responsible for the strategy, execution, optimization, and reporting of our marketing nurture.
- As a Marketing Operations Manager, you will:
- Be the expert in the systems supporting Confluent’s marketing programs, especially our automation platform and processes, helping to ensure that best practices for data management, workflow automation, and reporting are consistently implemented and adapted
- Manage our marketing technology vendor relationships
- Working with stakeholders across marketing and sales to build out and maintain our Marketing Nurture system
- Work closely with Business Operations, Data Science, and Sales Operations team to ensure the alignment of marketing & sales on key processes and programs for managing and measuring marketing and sales efforts and programs
- Manage day-to-day operations by coordinating directly with cross-functional groups to ensure the best possible user experience
- Monitor and maintain data quality within the marketing database
- Optimize lead scoring and routing methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to sales development for qualification, and to increase efficiencies and conversion rates
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of marketing operations and automation experience
- Marketing Automation Expert (Implementation, Integrations, Management, Best Practices)
- Strong background and working knowledge of Marketo, Salesforce, & WorkatoExperience with Outreach, Webinar Platforms, Website Chat, CMS Platforms, and other marketing tools
- Experience in working with Global teams and offices
- Strong team player with a positive attitude
- Experience working with project management software (e.g. JIRA, Asana, etc.)Independent, motivated, and excited to roll-up your sleeves and get things done
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.