Online, self-serve life insurance company.
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
We're looking for a Sales Development Representative to help grow and scale the lead base for our partnerships onboarding division. You'll work closely with our partnerships, recruiting and marketing teams to source new business leads and search for lead resources to build up our agent base.
This is a role for someone who is driven, communicative, and can think outside of the box. This is the chance to be an early contributor on an initiative that's core to the company's future growth plans with plenty of room to grow. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, results oriented, mission driven environment, then let’s get in touch!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prospecting for business sources that would be a good fit for partnering with Ethos for Agents
- Building up and maintaining our business lead pipeline with a high volume of quality prospects
- Qualifying and booking appointments for our Partnerships Sales Associates to bring business aboard Ethos
- Working from the ground up. You’ll be taking ownership of the entire process, from initial market research to establishing a relationship with vendors and companies
- Thinking outside of the box. The Ethos product can be a major benefit to almost any type of business- we’re looking for more than just life-specific agents and agencies
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of 1 year of lead sourcing experience preferred, B2B experience preferred but not required
- Research, prospecting and cold outreach via phone, zoom, text and email- 100+ calls per day
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and produce fruitful business partnerships for our Partnerships Sales team
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and project management skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, autonomous team environment, with a drive to succeed and exceed team targets
- Life Insurance and sales experience preferred but not required
- Tech stacks: Copper, Slack, Mailshake, Salesforce
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.