Online, self-serve life insurance company.
United States of America
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Ethos is looking for an ambitious self-starter to join our Strategy & BizOps Team! You will play a major role in supporting the development and execution of various strategic initiatives and answering critical questions related to Ethos’ Agent Partnerships business. You will use a combination of analytical, operational, and technical skills to evaluate key business problems (scale, efficiency, and quality) while considering multiple different stakeholders.
This role will have high visibility across the executive team and will require you to solve the most complex, interesting challenges of a rapidly-scaling startup. If you enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, analytically rigorous, mission-driven and impact-oriented, read on and get in touch!
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply a data-driven analytical approach to evaluating priorities and initiatives across all workstreams
- Tackle key business problems / strategic initiatives and work with various stakeholders to turn recommendations into a reality
- Work with Product, Engineering, Analytics, Operations, & Finance teams to improve growth and efficiency of the Agent Partnerships business
- Help design, analyze, and execute on the implementation of the Agent Partnerships incentive program
- Partner with the insurance and product teams to develop new products and services; help assess customer needs, develop requirements, understand unit economics, and define sales/business development objectives
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience in investment banking, consulting, and / or private equity / growth equity, and with strategic / operational experience at a high-growth technology company
- Best-in-class excel skills and extensive experience developing insightful quantitative analyses, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment
- Ability to flex between high-level strategic thinking and deep analytical problem solving
- Motivated self-starter with a track record of success and a proven ability to juggle multiple projects / tasks while hitting deadlines
- Desire to own and drive projects from Day 1
- Excellent communication skills and effective cross-functional collaborator
- Exceptional attention to detail
- SQL knowledge is a plus but not required
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.