Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Work with local operation teammates to ensure vehicles are distributed throughout the city in the right place at the right time for riders
- Patrol service areas and inspect and identify vehicles that are in need of repair and maintenance
- Use technology and software to log fleet activity and data that will help optimize fleet performance
- Operate e-trikes or e-scooters to move and monitor Bird’s fleet
- Collect and rebalance vehicles gathered at popular destination points
- Move improperly parked vehicles back to suggested parking areas
- Perform light field repairs and field diagnostics to aid in upkeep of the fleet
- Collaborate with other teammates as well as work autonomously
- Operate vans to collect and rebalance vehicles gathered at popular destination points or vehicles that are improperly parked
- Passion for Bird and working in a high growth environment
- A smartphone and comfort using technology
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass motor vehicle record check preferred
- Ability to use basic hand tools and lift 40 pounds up to 3 feet of the ground
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Flexible availability and willingness to regularly work on weekends
- Ability to be both self-directed and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work outdoors for 8 hours a day
- Must be 18 or older to apply with a valid drivers license.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.