Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
United States of America
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
In your role, you will collaborate with the global tax team and work cross functionally with accounting, finance, supply chain, and legal teams to ensure Bird is compliant with all global tax requirements. You will assist outside tax providers in completing Bird's interim and annual global income tax reporting obligations. You will assist tax planning to ensure Bird is mitigating global tax risks and exposures.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provisions including calculating the effective tax rate, current and deferred tax provisions, taxes payable and related disclosures
- Manage external service providers in preparing global tax returns
- Coordinate and track tax payments for sales, property, and income taxes
- Work on identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies in technology and automation
- Assist with audit controversy in various jurisdictions as required
- Other ad hoc projects as needed
- BS/BA degree in accounting or a related discipline
- 3 - 5 years of experience, preferably Big 4 or public accounting
- CPA candidate/certification preferred
- Good communication skills
- Open, honest, accurate
- Desire to perform with the best and drive constant improvement
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.