Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
United States of America
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
We are looking for a Jr. Claims Associate to join our Claims team. This person will have sharp attention to detail, be highly organized, and have experience in Property & Casualty Insurance/ Claims. As a member of Bird's Claims team, the Jr. Claims Associate will utilize their knowledge of General Liability Claims to help process the intake and submission of claims. They will work closely with the Claims Manager and Trust & Safety team in order to efficiently handle the processing of claims and appeasements. The Jr. Claims Associate will need to be very comfortable with providing excellent customer service and empathy in highly sensitive situations.
- Conducts investigation into all accessible information (via Bird’s internal systems and outside research) to gather relevant facts to help resolve safety issues and determine appropriate courses of action in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Analyze safety incidents to determine appropriate action items (written acknowledgment, place outbound phone calls as needed, appeasement, submission as insurance claim).
- Maintaining excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism while delivering outstanding customer service.
- Employ critical thinking, emotional intelligence, and creative problem-solving skills to navigate sensitive cases and high severity safety concerns.
- Utilize internal databases to craft arguments and defenses for various claims.
- Draft standard written and verbal follow-up for unique events and safety-related issues
- Compile incident data for insurance claim submission.
- Coordinate claims processing with Bird’s third party administrator
- BA/BS Preferred
- 3 years of experience with Commercial Insurance Claims
- 3 years of general liability experience with a strong preference for candidates with personal injury/ product liability experience
- Ability to adjust and adapt in a dynamic work environment
- Technical claim knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to listen effectively; to confidently and diplomatically express opinions and voice concerns with other team members; and to present effective written communication to varied audiences
- Ability to work independently with potential for odd hours and/or weekends
- Familiarity with Zendesk, Word, or Google Docs
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.