productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
At Productboard, we’re experiencing a period of incredible growth. To continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to work closely with our leadership team. We’re looking for a passionate legal professional that can help prioritize legal issues for Productboard, identify any potential legal issues in the company’s upcoming initiatives, and work on transactional matters on behalf of the business. The ideal candidate will be an attorney with extensive experience in corporate, commercial, and other strategic transactions. As the first in-house legal counsel at the company, you will have an opportunity to wear multiple hats and build out and streamline processes to support the legal needs of a rapidly scaling startup.
About The Team
We’re searching for an experienced commercial counsel who will partner closely with our rapidly growing Sales organization and provide contracting and transactional support across the team. On the Legal team at ProductBoard, you will be our second hire reporting to our Senior Legal Counsel. This is an amazing opportunity to help build out the legal team at a fast-growing technology company. The ideal candidate is practical, comfortable making bold decisions, can operate independently, and is effective working cross-functionally in a rapid-growth, fast paced environment.
About The Role
ProductBoard is looking for a motivated attorney to join our team. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day commercial sales contracts and other legal responsibilities including building the framework for how we negotiate and think about agreements. The ideal candidate will be able to independently draft, redline and negotiate complex SaaS agreements and other contracts.
What You’ll Do
- Independently negotiate complex outbound SaaS commercial agreements, including large, strategic deals integral to our business.
- Negotiate vendor and customer deals including, MSAs, NDAs, DPAs, and CCPA terms, and advise the business on risk.
- Become an expert in ProductBoard’s product platform, security, operations and offerings to offer practical and strategic counseling related to sales contracts.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and deliver quality communications to the Sales team and operate as a business partner to close deals.
- Possess a deep understanding of privacy and other regulations impacting the business, including CCPA and GDPR, and the ability to translate that understanding into redlines and articulate it in negotiations related to DPAs and commercial contracts discussions.
- Collaborating with the team to evolve the commercial legal function, by identifying opportunities to centralize knowledge and creating scalable processes to increase visibility and expedite communication, alignment, and execution.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience in commercial transactional work, with extensive experience negotiating software/SaaS and enterprise B2B transactions.
- US attorney license (in good standing)
- Experience navigating privacy laws (including GDPR and CCPA) and security issues in a commercial negotiation context.
- Experience drafting, redlining and negotiating complex commercial agreements with a solution-oriented approach.
- Ability to operate autonomously, work collaboratively as a team player with sales and other internal business partners.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, manage and prioritize deals with deadlines.
- Experience working at a software/SaaS company or working with software/SaaS clients preferred.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Lunch delivered to your home
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap. In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where people feel empowered, supported, and included. Where trust and transparency are built into the way we work. And where creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day.
You can read more about our culture and company values here, get to know your future colleagues by listening to our people of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.