Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Sr. Analyst - Client Strategy FP&A
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is looking to add a Sr. Analyst, Client Strategy FP&A to support our growing FP&A team and to be a strategic business partner to our Client Strategy organization. This role will build out and support ongoing department planning and reporting needs, as well as advise on strategic departmental decisions with actionable financial insights . This is a key position within FP&A as we strive to become a world-class finance organization and be a value-creating, customer-focused partner in driving business results. Reporting to the Director of GTM FP&A, this role will serve as a business and strategic advisor to Client Strategy teams to ensure the financial, strategic, and operational objectives for the business are met. This role will make an impact on the trajectory of the Client Strategy organization, which supports the success of both new and existing clients via onboarding, integration, account growth, new product adoption, and renewals.
- Be a strategic business partner to the Client Strategy organization by providing critical reporting and providing actionable insights rooted in financial and data analysis
- Develop and administer financial models (including capacity modeling and cohort modeling) and analyses to support business cases for various Client Strategy activities and initiatives.
- Facilitate annual planning and rolling forecasting processes for Client Strategy. Support creation of budgets for revenue targets and divisional expenses.
- Responsible for regular reporting on performance against topline KPIs, clearly identifying key business drivers for customer implementations, net retention, logo churn and expansion.
- Responsible for regular budget variance analysis, being able to critically analyze, root cause, and communicate notable variances and trends in the department P&L
- Support and evolve expense side planning for Client Strategy organization, with a deep understanding of headcount capacity planning, variable compensation, and fundamental unit economics of the business.
- Partner closely with Sales FP&A to effectively forecast capacity needs based on the Sales funnel outlook.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience within an FP&A organization of a high-growth SaaS company, and/or relevant experience from investment banking, consulting or private equity.
- Experience supporting a Sales function in a finance capacity required
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with financial systems, such as Anaplan, a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- Entrepreneurial mindset and go-getter attitude with a proven ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
- #LI-Remote #LI-KK1
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.