Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Pittsburgh, PA, US
San Francisco, CA, US
Seattle, WA, US
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for an Attorney, Commercial.
In this role, you will
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, including NDAs, hardware/software procurement contracts, supply chain agreements, license agreements, partnership, business development and other commercial agreements
- Work with business team to structure long-term, cross-border commercial relationships and collaborations
- Manage day-to-day commercial needs of the legal and business teams
- Advise on legal risks related to commercial transactions and contracts
- Drive the development of form agreements, legal processes, and templates to scale with the company as it grows
- Build positive relationships across the company and with its partners
- Work with a dynamic in-house legal team on a variety of issues, including working closely with team members on commercial agreements
- Law firm and in-house experience, focused on commercial contract, drafting and negotiation
- JD from a top school and state bar membership, and ability to practice as an in-house attorney in California or Pennsylvania
- Strong commercial background, including significant experience in drafting and negotiating multi-year and cross-border agreements related to complex technology
- Experience with both hardware and software-focused commercial agreements
- Experience negotiating with sophisticated and large counter-parties
- A proactive nature and "can-do" attitude; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with many new challenges; a good sense of humor and positive outlook; a keen aptitude for problem-solving
- Proven ability to build solid, trusting, and credible relationships, including working closely with business teams
- Excellent writing, communication, and people skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple different and possibly competing priorities
- Sound business judgment
- You have automotive, manufacturing, and/or complex technology legal experience
- You are dazzled by self-driving cars
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.