Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
As an Engagement Manager, you will onboard, train and manage the relationships with Fleet Managers (FM). This role is the direct interface between Bird and our Fleet Managers operations, responsible for coaching and ensuring Fleet Managers are successful. On top of communication with Fleet Managers using our systems, this role is also the voice / representative of Fleet Managers internally at Bird, ensuring we are building the right products and processes to support them being successful.
- Maximize revenue per FM at an optimised operational cost, by determining vehicle allocation strategies, recommending terminations, and determine / executing strategies to drive FM metric improvement.
- Build strong relationships with top performing FMs through consistent outreach, communication, and support, preventing FM churn. Provide support and keep FMs motivated. Liaison of market or business priorities changes.
- Ensure timely onboarding of new FMs, including ensuring training completion and arranging for vehicle pick-up, ensuring we hit our ramp plan targets.
- Manage / Improve damage metrics, ensuring FM damage vehicles stays below target and they maximise the number of ready vehicles on the streets.
- Develop SOPs and other project documentation to standardize and replicate best practices for FM coaching.
- Collaborate in cross-functional projects to accelerate the success of the business.
- Collect input / feedback from FMs, understand their pain points and bottlenecks and translate those into product / process improvements to help them succeed. Collaborate with other Bird internal teams to deliver these improvements.
- 1-2 yrs in Consulting, Operations or Customer Service
- Strong EQ: 1+ year of account management / customer facing experience
- Processes: 1+ year of experience with complex processes environment / process improvement
- Tooling: Experience with advanced excel / g-suite. SQL nice to have
- Persuasion: Demonstrated ability to influence others and collaborate in cross functional partners and activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Italian
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.