Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Engagement Manager will champion high priority projects as a member of our Operations team. This role will be responsible for key business priorities that help amplify the growth of our business, share best practices, and implement operational improvements. Engagement Managers will also work closely with our Fleet Manager partners to assist, guide, and ensure they are set up to succeed. The fleet manager program is a global program for local entrepreneurs and small businesses operating a fleet of scooters in their city.
Using operational and analytical skills, this person will work with our General Managers to complete projects that are instrumental in driving our business forward. We need a strategic, critical thinker who can start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high-quality results.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
- Work closely with other members of the Bird team to drive the vision and execution of world class operations within your cities
- Build relationships with and provide coaching to our Fleet Managers to optimize their performance. Look around corners to ensure the long-term success of their and Bird’s businesses, as well as the success of all of our cities and customers.
- Create and present information sessions, host group calls, and have one-on-one conversations with Fleet Managers
- Handle difficult personalities or topics of conversation with poise
- Measure the impact and efficiency of existing processes within Operations while identifying new ways to create value for the business. Scale best practices that are incubated from test to global implementation.
- Actively monitor market health (ridership patterns, etc.) and report on performance for your cities
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under tight deadlines, with a track-record of delivering results and a “get it done” attitude. Strong ability to multitask, handle fire drills, and work in ambiguity.
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Strong follow-up and communication skills are keys to success here!
- High EQ, with a bias towards empathy
- Analytical skills and a bias towards using data to make decisions. You should be able to identify and analyze trends and determine next steps.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and lead by example
- Strong Excel (or any equivalent, e.g., Google Sheets) / Powerpoint skills
- Preference for Washington D.C. or New York location
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives — encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more, Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.