Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
San Francisco, CA, US
Seattle, WA, US
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all.
In this role, you will
- Help to define, design and implement sourcing strategies for a variety of Product and Technical roles, including understanding and mapping the talent landscape, internal calibration and referrals, and matching those data points with the external talent supply
- Work closely with our Recruiting team and hiring managers to deeply understand the requirements of the roles, the functions and how they fit into the organization and mission for Aurora
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research and referral generation with a focus on diversity and inclusion
- Find and engage passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and other recruiting tools, as well as alternative search techniques
- Screen resumes and interview candidates to determine basic qualifications and competencies based on the role
- Foster trust-based relationships with candidates, gaining a close understanding of their requirements and motivations, while supporting and fostering an exemplary candidate experience at every stage of the process
- Strong focus on data integrity and using data to help influences decisions and provide sourcing insights
- Flexibility to support a variety of roles and teams, based on company priorities
- Minimum 3 years of in-house technical sourcing experience (Hardware or Software)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A track record of success, integrity, excellent organizational skills, strong work ethic and a sense of urgency
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships across various business cross-functional partners
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working within the autonomous driving space or related technology
- Prior work experience at a startup or mid-sized high growth company
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.