Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
As a Senior Manager of Application Security at Bird, you will lead and build out world class cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative products. You will champion and guide in the development of security best practices amongst the engineering teams. You will use your detailed knowledge of programming, security and cloud infrastructure to address compliance and security risks. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will work on improving tooling and automation and ensure our application development is aligned with compliance standards such as GDPR, CCPA, SOC2 and ISO-27001.
- Lead and build out a world class application security team
- You will work with the engineering and data teams to improve our overall security posture.
- Develop tooling and automation around secure coding practices.
- Develop tooling and cloud automation solutions.
- Lead Research efforts for new attack avenues and keep up to date on the latest methods of attack against our fleet of vehicles.
- Develop KPIs and metrics to communicate and validate progress for your team
- Provide subject matter expertise on secure design & coding practices, assist in building and rolling out related guidelines and standards, perform manual source code reviews for high risk components
- Oversee bug bounty programs and initiatives
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the security industry
- Management and leadership experience
- Excellent understanding of web applications, web servers, frameworks and protocols with respect to application development and deployment
- Batchelors or equivalent degree
- Network Security, Cloud Security (AWS, GCP), Application Auditing, Binary Reverse Engineering, Management (OKR, KPI development)
- Certifications: '(ISC)² - CSSLP' or 'CERT - SEI'
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.