Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
You will be an instrumental contributor as we build finance and accounting in a global, hyper growth environment. You will provide financial perspective, accountability and play a critical role in our Global FP&A team. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable operating with extremely high standards while also supporting a business that is scaling globally with high innovation and capital requirements.
- Partner with cost of sales and operating expense business units and apply business acumen and financial insights to decision making across hiring, program launches, product launches, city operations, and vehicle development
- Assisting Manager of FP&A in understanding deltas between forecast/budget vs. actuals and collaborating with stakeholders to ensure we have accurate reporting and planning
- Partner with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs, support month-end close and internal / external audits
- Support Manager of FP&A in monthly financial analysis, forecasting and reporting activities of global cost of revenues and operating expense business line and region
- Assist with the monthly gross margin walk explaining variances in pricing, volume, mix, rate, and drilling down with stakeholders internal or external to smooth out the forecast vs. actuals variance in gross margins
- Assist strategic finance on global capital expenditure analysis, planning and reporting
- Manage business stakeholder relationships from top to bottom of the organization
- Proactively partner with cross-functional stakeholders to identify financial drivers & maintain the highest level of data quality
- Build sophisticated in-depth financial models from scratch to enable business planning and decision-making
- Think strategically and help with tactical execution using the models to aid in decision making, overall company strategy, and worldwide operations
- Be a founding member of the team building the financial backbone for Bird’s operational maturity endeavors
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- 3+ years of progressive work experience in public manufacturing or technology company or high-growth environment (years may be substituted with investment banking, private equity or accounting experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or in a related discipline
- Public company FP&A experience and transitioning from a private to public company a huge plus
- Proficiency working with FP&A systems such as Planful, Adaptive Insights or similar financial planning software
- Proficiency with NetSuite or similar ERP system
- Ability and genuine excitement to partner with and advise business leaders
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling, forecasting, analysis, and financial reporting
- Ability to work independently, effectively handle multiple competing priorities and manage deadlines under pressure
- Entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Experience in a software and manufacturing based business environment
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.