Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. Bird has launched in hundreds of cities and provided tens of millions of rides globally. And we’re only just getting started.
You will be an instrumental leader as we build finance and accounting in a global, hyper growth environment. You will provide financial perspective, accountability and play a critical role in our Global FP&A team. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable operating with extremely high standards while also supporting a business that is scaling globally with high innovation and capital requirements.
- Experience developing financial metrics, operating cadence, and key FP&A activities
- Experience in leading a team in a highly productive environment; knowing when to take lead and when to be a team member
- Partner with operating expense business leaders and apply business acumen and financial insights to decision making across global policymaking and strategy
- Own the monthly and quarterly Non-GAAP management financial report and rolling re-forecast
- Own cost management and driving actual vs. forecast variance down for total company
- operating expense at a public company standard
- Partner with accounting to provide input and thought leadership on month-end close, audits, and reporting needs
- Be the subject matter expert on P2P, systems and controls for global operating expense
- Own the monthly financial analyses, forecasting and reporting of global headcount and non-headcount operating expense
- Own FP&A planning cadences, reporting requirements, and corporate-level reporting, forecasting, and consolidations
- Own the FP&A systems and manage staff to provide support to global finance end-users
- Serve as the subject matter expert on total global operating expense and partner with accounting and business stakeholders to understand issues in departmental cost management and/or inconsistencies in the plan
- Build and leverage financial planning systems for budgeting and forecasting
- Manage operating expense forecasts, headcount plans, and business stakeholder relationships from top to bottom of the organization
- Proactively partner with cross-functional stakeholders to identify financial drivers & maintain the highest level of data quality
- Build sophisticated in-depth financial models from scratch to enable business planning and decision-making
- Think strategically and help with tactical execution using the models to aid in decision making, overall company strategy, and worldwide operations
- Be a founding member of the team building the financial backbone for Bird’s operational maturity endeavors
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- 7+ years of progressive work experience in public technology company or high-growth environment (years may be substituted with investment banking, private equity or accounting experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or in a related discipline
- Public company FP&A experience and transitioning from a private to public company a huge plus
- Proficiency working with FP&A systems such as Planful, Adaptive Insights or similar financial planning software
- Proficiency with NetSuite or similar ERP system
- Ability and genuine excitement to partner with and advise business leaders
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling, forecasting, analysis, and financial reporting
- Ability to work independently, effectively handle multiple competing priorities and manage deadlines under pressure
- Entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Experience in a software and manufacturing based business environment
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.