Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Sales Engineer, New Products
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to join our team and play a critical role in delivering Attentive to our top-tier clients. You will work to understand and assess/scope customer requirements, prepare and present personalized demos of our technologies, and address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the sales process. Serving as a trusted solution and technical advisor, you will act as the first line around all security and compliance inquiries for our prospects and clients in a complex space. You will be focused on our innovative new offerings so will need to be action-oriented and collaborative.
This role reports to our Sr. Director of Sales Engineering.
- Drive the technology evaluation stage of the sales process with our prospects and act as a technical leader for them
- Demonstrate technical aspects of the product as a way to solve specific customer problems
- Provide day-to-day product/technical support to the sales team
- Share feedback with senior management and product on feature requirements, value proposition and competitive data to help grow and develop new product offerings
- Collaborate with internal product, sales, client strategy to provide the best customer experience
- Manage and drive RFP/Is and Security questionnaires
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 2-3 years as a Sales Engineer, Solution Architect, or related field with CDPs, ESPs, or similar SaaS platforms
- Preferably 3-5 years of Sales Engineering or similar experience with Martech SaaS
- Able to clearly and concisely articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users (proactively connecting the dots for our prospects)
- Familiarity with Looker, Salesforce.com, Jira, RFP software, Google suite, and Excel
- Thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment
- Energized by trying new things, and enjoy making an impact
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.