Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Network Engineer.
Within Information Technology at Aurora, we aim to deliver a highly reliable, performant, and scalable service infrastructure and connectivity experience for users and applications. It is the responsibility of the Network Engineering to design, deliver and support network connectivity solutions to meet this objective. We are looking for an experienced network engineer to join our network engineering team.
Three key environments are supported by Network Engineering today: User Network, Service Network, and Development Network. The ideal candidate will impact each of these with networking expertise, technical leadership, and a positive interface to the rest of IT. They will engage with TPMs for projects, and adjacent technology teams for the program management of connectivity solutions throughout Aurora.
In this role, you will
- Produce and update network architectures for the three environments
- Define SLA’s around network performance and reliability
- Translate the network architectures into implementable designs for our partner build team
- Oversee network builds and turnups to ensure they follow the design and all components are implemented to specifications
- Evaluate new networking technologies and products, test and integrate into designs
- Work closely with InfoSec, Infrastructure, and Capital Builds teams to understand requirements and share architectural and operational information
- 10 years of Network Engineering experience including design and operations of an IP network
- 8 years of IP network experience configuring BGP, OSPF or ISIS, IPSec Tunnels, and Layer 2 Protocols
- 3 years of controller-based Wireless networking experience with one or more of: Cisco, Aruba, Mist, Meraki, Ubiquiti
- 3 years of experience supporting client-based VPN solutions using commercial platforms such as Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, Juniper, or open source platforms such as OpenVPN.
- Experience managing a network supporting thousands of users - both remote and onsite
- Experience configuring and tuning network monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience configuring and tuning routed connectivity between cloud and on-premise networks
- Experience planning or implementing network infrastructure spanning multiple regions
- Built network configuration automation with tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, NAPALM, Python or Go
- Managed infrastructure records with InfoBlox, BlueCat, Netbox, or other IPAM tool
- Configured inter-VPC or inter-region networking in public clouds
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.