Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Pittsburgh, PA, US
San Francisco, CA, US
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning Platform.
As a Product Manager in this space, you partner closely with Autonomy, ML Platform, and application engineers, product managers, technical program managers, and designers to build an end-to-end machine learning pipeline and product suite to centrally manage, automate, and version the experimentation and evaluation workflow.. You’ll gain a deep understanding and advocate for the users who are building and managing machine learning model development. You define tools, services, and workflows that enable faster development cycles, scale to many parallel experiments, and maintain precise tracking and traceability of every model version. Your work is critical to accelerate the core mission of the company to bring the Aurora Driver to market safely, quickly, and broadly.
The Data Engine Experience team’s mission is data-driven acceleration of human insight & machine intelligence by building the products, platforms, and services that enable faster autonomy progress.
In this role, you will
- Define the vision for a multi-year product roadmap for your product area, collaborating with PM, Design, Engineering, TPM, and other stakeholders to build a highly reliable machine learning platform that accelerates our autonomy development lifecycle.
- Engage with key stakeholders to facilitate tradeoff decisions and prioritize key deliverables that align to company milestones.
- Effectively communicate product strategy and roadmap, from executives to individual team members, bringing clarity to the ‘what and the why.’
- Conduct market and user research to deeply understand the state of the art in your space and how that maps to your team’s use cases. Propose open-source and commercial solutions where applicable, and set direction for the technologies that can be developed internally.
- Manage product risks and ensure valuable outcomes are delivered to the organization.
- Author Product Requirements Documents that contain clear and deep thinking about the purpose of proposed solutions, the outcomes they will drive, key success metrics, and the features needed to realize the potential.
- Help drive engineering execution through facilitation of scrum activities, Jira management, cross team dependency and resource alignment, and status reporting on progress against goals.
- 5+ years of product or program management experience or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in machine learning model development and related platforms.
- Engineering, Business or equivalent degree, with strong technical aptitude and skills highly preferred
- Experience in leading product development of complex systems on modern technology platforms
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills, ability to influence without authority, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with data intensive platforms and systems that depend on large scale infrastructure. AWS services expertise is a plus.
- Experience building complex, distributed systems to enable enterprise workflows.
- Proficiency in metrics development and analysis, data visualization, and basic scripting languages.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.