Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Market Intelligence Associate to join our Corporate Development Team.
In this role, you will
- Design, develop, and implement an internal intelligence “CRM” system for tracking Aurora’s relationships.
- Manage, own, and grow Aurora’s tools for market intelligence, including external data sources and internal research methodologies
- Build and maintain an active network of internal and external intelligence sources. Develop and maintain a bank of relevant secondary data sources
- Track fundraising and M&A activity in key spaces such as AVs, robotics, mobility, AI, and logistics and use this data to drive insights for Aurora’s leadership.
- Influence Corporate Development strategy through deep market insights and understanding of Aurora’s key growth and development priorities
- Participate in industry events and conferences to report on the state of the industry
- Distill and present market themes to internal stakeholders, including corporate development, management, communications, business development, and strategy
- Support engineering leadership with market landscapes and other intelligence projects
- 2-6 years of relevant experience at a tech company or technology-oriented department
- BS/BA degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering, computer science, or other quantitative field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills + confident, concise presentation skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, with experience in with and managing complex datasets (Python, SQL, Excel)
- Experience, interest, and ability to find and master new tools to help develop and scale out Aurora’s market insights infrastructure
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to engage and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders
- Architect mindset to build tools, databases, processes, and automation
- Excellent research skills
- Familiarity with industry research tools (CapIQ, Crunchbase, Pitchbook, etc.)
- Strong ownership and bias for action. Able to work independently to drive progress
- Solid interdisciplinary and technical aptitude, with an ability to understand concepts and technical details rapidly, and ability to work closely with engineers
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.