Climate action that matters.
Joro is an app that harnesses the collective power of people to tackle the climate crisis, starting with the emissions from their own spending.
Joro is a seed-stage startup backed by top investors, including Sequoia Capital and the founders of Headspace, Fitbit, and Candy Crush. We offer competitive startup compensation. We’re based in Oakland, CA, and while we love to hire people who live locally, we are also happy to consider remote, U.S.-based candidates.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel like you don't meet all of the listed requirements.
We’re looking for a data analyst who cares about climate change and climate justice, loves to work as part of a fast-moving team, and is hungry to learn on the job. Joro is a small company and as the first data analyst, you will have a major impact on what we build and how we work together.
- Creating and maintaining reports and dashboards to analyze Joro's data
- Analyzing and monitoring key metrics and KPIs
- Generating insights about our users and their behavior, to support acquisition, engagement, retention, monetization, etc.
- Sharing findings, insights, and recommendations with the whole team, including leadership, to inform roadmap priorities
- Generating data insights about our community that can be used to inform external communications
- Engaging with all your colleagues to shape the culture of Joro
- Growing as an analyst and a team member
- You are deeply motivated to work on the climate crisis
- You are excited to work collaboratively as part of a small team
- You are curious and love to learn and investigate problems with data
- You have proven professional experience in statistical or data analysis for B2C companies
- You have experience creating, maintaining, and supporting data visualizations and interactive dashboards with tools such as (but not limited to) Tableau, Power BI, or Looker
- You are a clear and proactive communicator, both in writing and verbally
- You are excited to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, on different problems as the company grows
Experience with some of the following would be good but not essential:
- Analytics platforms such as (but not limited to) Amplitude or MixPanel