Behalf provides an innovative approach to funding businesses, serving both SMBs and their suppliers. SMBs answer four questions and get access to fast, fair financing, helping them purchase inventory and business services from their suppliers.
Senior Java Developer
Job Description / Skills Required
Overview Of Behalf
Behalf, a fast growing FinTech startup specializing in small business credit tools, has just closed a Viola-led Series C and is building out its growth engine. We are an alternative financing provider, specializing in working capital credit for small business customers.
Our solution, driven by data and technology, enables merchants to offer instant point of sale financing.
By solving for the availability of credit, Behalf increases sales and improves cash flow for both merchants and their customers.
About the Role
Behalf is rapidly growing and we are looking for a highly experienced Senior Java developer who lives and breathes technology and has strong technical skills together with deep understanding of software design.Become a part of a dedicated, focused team of professionals and become a key player in shaping up and designing the payments frameworks and pipelines.Help us to build and expand our cloud based payments platform.
The Payments team is focused on building the simplest and quickest Payments platform possible.
We strive to create a seamless on boarding experience for our Customers while also providing the tools to our partner Vendors to customize their own on boarding flows.
From product discovery to helping sellers make the most of their accounts, this team creates the tools to make intelligent decisions about our Customers that help guide their first steps and win their loyalty.
Required Skills and Traits:
- BS.c in Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in Java/Scala
- Self-driven person with high motivation to bring value to the business
- High coding standards and passion for high quality
- Curiosity for new technologies
- Fun and communicative team player
Experience with most of the following and desire to learn the rest:
- Building B2C applications with high traffic in Java/Scala
- Functional Programming
- NoSql databases such as MongoDB, ELK, BigQuery
- AWS Cloud technologies
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Agile software development methodologies and continuous delivery