Clover Health is a unique health insurance plan focused on driving down costs and producing improved health outcomes.
Jersey City, NJ, US
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's engineering team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of engineering team and culture that we are building, seeking engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
We are looking for software engineers that want to solve many different kinds of problems. You will work with people across the technology org including engineering, product, design and data science to build out mobile products and improve the health of real people. As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will work on building a mobile suite of products for our members and providers.
As a Senior Mobile Software Engineer, you will:
- Commit to simplifying the complexities of healthcare by building systems that multiply human efforts.
- Work closely with product and design to plan and build features that enhance user experience on mobile platforms.
- Dig into projects in order to build robust mobile frameworks and products. Work with various product areas to ensure an optimal mobile experience.
- Learn about new tools and technologies to solve problems and move our goals forward.
- Help the team define and maintain development practices that let us iterate quickly while maintaining quality; including writing tests and documenting key implementations.
- Mentor people around you, helping the entire team level up in skills.
You will love this job if:
- You are excited by big, complicated problems and try to solve them with pragmatic, well-engineered solutions. You have a natural intellectual curiosity that drives you to find out how things work and if they can work better.
- You enjoy working in a fluid, collaborative environment, defining and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are not hesitant to jump in to help fix things that are broken and you feel great responsibility to make sustainable systems. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people and have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry.
You should get in touch if:
- You have proven experience building iOS/Android apps that have been released to the App store or Android market.
- You have in-depth knowledge of programming languages: Swift or Java.
- You are familiar with cross-platforms mobile frameworks like React-Native or other hybrid mobile technologies.
- You approach building and maintaining systems with maturity and rigor.
- You have scaled the impact of other engineers through mentorship, development of reusable components, and documentation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.