Lets people listen to music, sports and news from around the world.
Account Executive, Sales
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
TuneIn – New York, New York
Reports to the Director of Sales
Ready for your next challenge? Looking to make the leap to the tech industry? Come join us at TuneIn, where we strive the provide the world’s best listening experiences. We are the leading service for music, top-tier sports content (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL), podcasts and news from around the world! With over 75 million monthly users, our mobile apps rank in the top of the App Store's Music category across 80 countries and territories. Our service is available across 200 different connected platforms, including all smartphones and tablets, smart TVs, CE devices and connected cars. TuneIn is a dynamic and thriving pre-IPO company in a growing market with proven potential.
All of these accomplishments were made possible by our talented, passionate and innovative team dedicated to serving our users the best audio experience out there.
TuneIn is seeking an experienced cross-platform digital advertising pro with a proven track record developing new business and selling creative solutions. The ideal candidate must possess high level agency and client direct relationships to sell through large scale advertising programs. The Account Executive must be a self-starter that is able to work with clients to develop creative and compelling advertising proposals that meet marketing objectives and sell the value of TuneIn.
What You'll Do (your responsibilities):
· Work with leading brands at a senior level to develop large-scale advertising programs.
· Own senior level client relationships with a proven ability to penetrate target accounts to develop new business.
· Have access to a compelling book of business at both the client, and agency level as well as be prepared to develop new account opportunities.
· Identify high value verticals and partners whose ideal customer matches the TuneIn audience.
· Prioritize target accounts to maximize sales and ROI.
· Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with the ability to adapt quickly and consistently exceed sales targets.
What You’ll Need (your qualifications):
· At least 5+ years selling digital advertising. Additionally, an understanding of large-scale sponsorships (NFL, Olympics, NBA, etc.) is preferred.
· Have working knowledge of the podcast space (advertisers), and how podcasts are sold and positioned within an ever-changing streaming audio space.
· Experienced and able to offer guidance, and positioning when who to approach in the audio space.
· Value and understand how “content” creation can be a component of a multi-platform sales strategy.
· He/she must possess a proven track record delivering strong and consistent sales growth while consistently exceeding revenue targets.
· Build strategic presentations and dynamically present them to clients. Strong public speaking and written communication skills required.
· The AE must be comfortable analyzing performance data and provide optimization recommendations to maximize campaigns.
· The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing startup culture and environment.
· Collaborate internally to launch innovative ad programs that exceed client-marketing objectives.
· The role requires an enthusiastic and hardworking person who exudes passion for TuneIn’s unique platform and value proposition.
· A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required.
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news and podcasts — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and commercial-free music stations. With venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC, TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district, across from AT&T Park, and we’re well funded by the most prestigious names in venture capital, including Sequoia Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Google Ventures, and Institutional Venture Partners (IVP).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.