Evernote’s promise to our users is to help them focus on what matters most. To do this, we have to let our users remember everything, retrieve those memories in an instant and transform ideas into action. As Senior Product Manager for Actions, you’re responsible for the last step of this promise. How should the ideas that are captured in Evernote become completed Tasks and Shares? What integrations with other tools can help users turn ideas into outcomes? You’ll own the answers to these questions.
To fulfill this promise, we’re building a product team that is customer-centric, impact-oriented, data-driven and collaborative. If that describes your approach to product management, we hope you’ll consider joining us. If you do, you will be one of a small number of product managers with an outsized impact on millions of people in every country on the planet. Together with a cross-functional team of marketers, designers, and engineers, you’ll have a chance to invent the future of Evernote.
What you'll do:
- Define the global product strategy for Actions across the Evernote experience by creating a clear product roadmap and key measurements that guide the success of the product.
- Develop and maintain expert domain knowledge of user and business drivers to identify problems we can solve for our users.
- Lead a cross-functional team of research, design, engineering, analytics, marketing and customer support to conceive and deliver the experiences that solve those problems.
- Work with a diverse set of partners to build a compelling ‘whole product’ experience for our users including integrating Evernote with other tools and collaborating with other teams to build delightful, unified cross-device experiences.
- Partner with marketing to ensure that the experiences you build are reaching the right customers, in the right way such that they create the maximum value for our customers and our business.
- Manage the daily performance of things you build through tracking and optimization that continuously improves the performance of your product.
- Help define what it means to be a Product Manager at Evernote and then recruit others who meet that criteria.
- Consistently report to the executive suite and the whole company about the impact we’re having on users and the business through C-suite updates, Demo Days, and All Hands.
What you've done:
- Built and shipped “end user” (Consumer or Prosumer) products with impactful results - ideally across web and mobile apps
- Demonstrated instincts to marry innovation with customer insight to create product-market fit
- Driven business outcomes through data-based decision-making, user testing, data analysis, and A/B testing
- Proven yourself as a communicator who can effectively convey your viewpoints to peers respectfully, candidly and with clear domain expertise.
- Curated a passion for inventing finely crafted, people-centered experiences – incredible attention to detail in language, usability and design
Who you are:
- Analytically minded and yet empathetic enough to hear what a customer is asking for, even if they can’t articulate it.
- Humble enough to know the best ideas may come from anywhere but confident enough to stand-up for yours if you believe they are right.
- Intellectually curious to ask why things are the way they are and how they could be even better.
- Articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate different perspectives to balance competing goals.
- Humorous enough to laugh in stressful situations, knowing that we take our jobs seriously but not ourselves
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.