Our SRE team is responsible for the overall performance and reliability of Evernote’s service and products. This includes over 200 million passionate and engaged users around the world, with billions of notes and files. We are looking for an SRE leader to help us in the ongoing mission of delivering an outstanding service to our users.
We participate in all aspects of running our platform at scale, focusing on both the service as it runs today and ensuring we can deliver new and exciting features rapidly to users. We have a real passion for automation and we continually seek to improve. We work hand-in-hand with product teams to help them ship production-ready services and get new features in our users' hands. We use Service Level Objectives (SLOs) based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each of our services and use them to allow us to move quickly while maintaining the quality service our users expect.
What you’ll do
- Lead Evernote’s production SRE team within Operations
- Own the SLOs for our web service used by tens of millions of daily users
- Provide leadership, skills development opportunities, and mentoring to engineers on your team
- Evolve what it means to be an SRE at Evernote by leading efforts to implement the SRE model across our engineering org
- Own, evolve, and champion our incident management process
- Define evaluation criteria for new technologies and software development techniques, and drive their adoption when appropriate
- Participate in the on-call rotation
- Evolve and implement production readiness standards for new services
- Steward our SLOs and look to continuously improve them
- Develop and maintain automation to reduce operations toil for the team
What we’re looking for
- You know the first principles of SRE and their application
- You possess the ability to clearly distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team
- You can get your hands dirty with the team: troubleshooting problems, contributing ideas, and implementing solutions
- You look to scale the team sub-linearly with business growth by focusing on reducing toil through process improvements and automation
- You love solving tough technical problems
- You exercise judgement in a way which reduces risks
- You share enthusiastically to reduce disconnects and communication breakdowns
- You always want to understand the why in order to better see patterns and improve quality
What you’ve done
- You have led a technical team as a manager or tech lead
- You have managed customer-facing systems at billions of requests per day scale
- You have worked with geographically distributed teams
- You have a deep understanding of cloud technologies and infrastructure
- You have practical plan/build/run experience with microservices
Individuals seeking employment at Evernote are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.