Job Description / Skills Required
TuneIn’s content portfolio is spread out across 4 distinct verticals including Music, Sports, News and Podcasts. This includes 100K premium music stations and multiple music festivals. Live sports across the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and NCAA. Exclusive news from partners like CNN, MSNBC, and FOX News. As well as 5M podcast episodes that cover every category and subject.
About the Position
TuneIn, the world’s largest audio network with more than 70 million monthly active users around the world, is currently seeking a Sr. Manager, Editorial, Branded Content. This is a full-time position based in Venice, CA and reports to the Head of Music Partnerships & Branded Content.
Our mission is to partner with like-minded brands to conceive, develop, and publish compelling branded audio and video content on TuneIn and across a variety of formats and platforms.
The role will work within a small team in the creation of narrative focused, branded audio and video content for some of TuneIn’s biggest advertisers. The position focuses on the entire process from ideation through execution. The candidate will work with internal and external teams, writing story points, and copy, planning production, and overseeing the take-to-market strategy. This role will touch the entire lifespan of simultaneous branded content programs in various stages of completion. TuneIn is looking for a true, hands-on original content producer.
Typical projects will include beginning with the larger Sales team to custom fit an editorial idea against and RFP or creative campaign brief that has been received from an agency or brand partner. Projects will often include artist interviews containing original or exclusive music, captured at endemic experiential events. Episodic podcasts and associated branded social sizzle videos will be a consistent output of the team. The content will premier within the TuneIn platform on custom stations but may also be strategically distributed and syndicated off-platform.
This is an equal parts creative and management position. You will work with all relevant business units and key stakeholders throughout the projects’ lifecycle, remaining involved and providing oversight as well as getting their hands dirty through every stage. Position requires daily interface with internal brand stakeholders, heavy interaction with various departments throughout the company and frequent dialogue with external production teams, talent and associated representatives.
What You’ll Do
• Work closely with internal and external teams to create, develop, pitch and execute compelling custom branded audio and video content series for advertisers
• Collaborate with Sales, Strategic Solutions, and Marketing to craft content ideas that demonstrate a deep understanding of the brand partners’ creative briefs and objectives, while complementing TuneIn’s brand and history of producing world-class exclusive content
• Ability to lead creative content discussions and balance editorial and client demands for the most positive listenership outcome
• Ability to write and craft copy and story point editorial to fit client, agency, and TuneIn’s creative objectives. There will be a consistent amount of creative writing in this role.
• A thoughtful appreciation and understanding of the role branded content is able to play in an audio distribution platform; user-first mentality
• Identify new content package ideas by staying on top of competitors’ and media outlets’ branded campaigns
• Attend agency and client pitches and meetings with the Sales team to speak to custom opportunities
• Collaborate and communicate with clients/brands during the production phase to ensure expectations are met
• Collaborate and communicate with Head of Branded Content during all phases of each project
• Utilize relationships and previous partnerships to bolster additional distribution and sales opportunities
• Provide oversight of team members and projects with a willingness to write, record, shoot, edit and generally get hands dirty when bandwidth gets stretched
Who You Are
• 4-6 years of experience as a creative producer/director of branded entertainment. Please include links/credits
• Passionate about and experienced in writing, digital storytelling, and deep knowledge of the digital landscape is a must
• Understanding TuneIn’s platform and its competitive advantage in the streaming and digital advertising space is a must
• Full-scale production experience and creative direction, including creating scripts/treatments, providing input on content capture, and gathering/leading feedback on edits a must
• Experience in producing podcasts and or original audio is a big plus
• Show running and experiential content capture experience a must
• Design chops, creative pitch, and wrap deck building is a must
• Off-platform distribution strategies including experience with paid and unpaid social media is a big plus
• Candidate must be extremely organized, able to juggle many projects at once, and able to work deftly with both creative and business-minded personalities
• Ideal candidate is positive, ambitious and a team player
• Candidate can travel up to 20% of the time
• Bachelor’s degree required
When applying, candidates must submit work samples/portfolios to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.