Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
As a software engineer on our Backend team, you will be building and owning certain backend services and infrastructure that power our core financial products. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial systems works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge. We strive for high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Having a dedicated mentor in the first months who will review your code and help you get ramped up
- Building, testing, and releasing product-facing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements; these features could be related to market data, trading, accounting, authentication, or security.
- Designing a solution with other engineers and the ops team to fix a scalability problem and then implement it
- Working with our frontend team to fine tune our REST API
- Collaborating with our data team to support millions of customers
- Contributing to open source projects
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions
- Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems
- Good intuition for REST API design
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go
Core Tech Stack:
- Python/Django, Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer
- Celery as our task queue using RabbitMQ
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.