Appier builds AI-based cross screen analytics and targeting platform for business to reach and engage their customers across multiple smart devices.
Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis, distributed systems, and marketing.
About the role
Software Engineer, Backend Development at Appier focus on designing the most flexible, scalable backend architecture with optimized performance to pave the engineering road of our new products.
Task of the role
- Develop and operate data warehouse system and ETL pipeline for data access, collection, processing and storage, and support data analysis tasks.
- Dedicate to Big Data and Machine Learning Platform using Apache Spark and related technologies.
- Responsible for laying the foundation for the platform as well as proposing solutions to ease software development, monitoring of software, etc.
- Ensures the scalability and availability of the system.
- Handling hundred of terabyte data.
- Profiling and performance tuning of critical components.
- Participate in idea brainstorming and contribute ideas to technology, algorithms and products.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years experience building and operating large scale distributed systems or applications.
- Good at Python and Spark development.
- Expertise in developing data structures, algorithms on top of Big Data platforms.
- Experience with managing data storage using Cassandra / MongoDB / Redis.
- Familiar with git.
- Team player and able to work independently.
- Proactive, good interpersonal and problem-solving skill.
- Eagerness to change the world in a huge way by being a self-motivated learner and builder.
[Nice to have]
- 5+ years of experience in Internet Industry.
- Contributing to open source projects is a huge plus (Please include your Github page).
- Experience with Kubernetes / Terraform / Ansible.
- Familiar with Golang
- Familiar with Airflow.
- Familiar with Amazon Web Service.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Flink, Storm, Presto and related big data systems.
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the most exciting Artificial Intelligence startup in Asia
- Health insurance for all employees
- Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general