Appier builds AI-based cross screen analytics and targeting platform for business to reach and engage their customers across multiple smart devices.
Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis, distributed systems, and marketing.
About the role
At Appier Engineering, we aim to be humble, hungry and smart. We strive to improve through constant measurement and feedback; especially for the software we create, building less and talking more to ensure outcomes our users love while reducing waste. We aim to innovate by failing well, to be adaptable, being efficient or responsive when needed.
First and foremost, we seek an individual for the Engineering Management role, who embodies the above values through his/her work or life experiences.
Task of the role
- On a daily basis, the Engineering Manager is a problem solver. There may be resource constraints that require careful planning and stakeholder approval, or the need for good skills in communication and coordination to ensure work is smoothly progressing. You would work with Product Managers, Technical and Team leaders for various functions in order to deliver business value on time and on spec. Familiarity with lean startup principles, agile software development would be necessary. Having sufficient technical background is key to deeper levels of understanding and can help ensure solutions that are feasible and accepted by stakeholders for the long run, although the individual need not be a practicing software developer.
- The Engineering Manager is also a team leader. This means taking care of the career growth for his direct reports and ensuring they are productive and motivated while being accountable for performance results. At Appier, we emphasize a lot on helping individuals to grow either through self-enrichment or through opportunities to influence and lead, technically or non-technically. As a team leader, the Engineering Manager needs to build individual trust relationships that enable to actively seek out opportunities for your team members to grow and at the same time, help the company to better allocate manpower resources.
- The Engineering Manager is also an innovator. In a rapidly changing and uncertain market for high technology, we need to be constantly improving ourselves. The candidate should have the skills to identify inefficiencies in process or organization, and suggest or propose plans to change and improve, while working with existing stakeholders to achieve corporate alignment. The ideal Engineering Manager is able to execute well, get your hands dirty to code, train or teach when needed.
- At least 6 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer, where the last 3 were in a management or leadership role.
- Able to communicate well in English and Mandarin.
- Background in Computer Science or Informatics.
- Has experience working in a startup or innovation driven environment.
- Has experience delivering software solutions using Agile principles.
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the most exciting Artificial Intelligence startup in Asia
- Health insurance for all employees
- Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general