Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Our infrastructure consists of over 2,000 servers on AWS and is continuing to grow. As a member of our DevOps team, you will be responsible for managing and scaling our infrastructure. You will work on our deployment, automation, and monitoring systems. You will also work closely with our development team to implement the necessary processes to keep our platform highly available and efficient. Your work will touch many technologies including AWS, SaltStack, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Consul, Redis, Kafka, and Postgres.
- Develop internal tooling for automating the deployment of applications
- Work on moving our dockerized services to Kubernetes
- Manage the monitoring systems of our applications
- Work with SaltStack for configuration management
- Use Spinnaker to streamline the deployment of our applications to Kubernetes.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the DevOps/Development team
- Research and implement improvements to how we manage our infrastructure
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have
- 5+ years of experience working in a DevOps role
- Good experience with AWS, shell scripting/UNIX, and Python, SaltStack, Terraform
- Good experience with Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Managing Build infrastructure, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines with tools like Spinnaker (CI/CD) and monitoring tools like Datadog.
- Experience managing and automating large AWS deployments (1000+ machines)
- Previous experience in distributed systems, data processing, and analytics is a plus
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
Along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.