Education technology to empower learning.
Durham, NC, US
Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education, Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already used by more than 60% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more engaging, personalized, and fun.
We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
A Day in the Life
As an engineer you would work on one of eight tight-knit, collaborative teams to ship impactful products like:
- SSO and Portal: Clever's Single Sign-On portal empowers teachers by making it easy for their students to use learning applications
- Secure Sync: Power the edtech ecosystem with APIs that scale and give districts fine-grained control over what student data learning applications can access
- Analytics: Clever’s Analytics product gives district and school leaders a holistic view of edtech usage in the classroom
- Data Engineering & Internal Products: Products that empower our teams to do meaningful work at scale and a platform that provides strategic data insights
- Library: Empower teachers to discover and try out learning applications with their students
- Get Clever and Learning Club: Bringing families into the Clever ecosystem and enabling at-home learning
- Infrastructure: Products that help other teams build services that are fast, simple, and safe-by-default.
- Security: Lead the efforts to secure our services and protect our customers
To get a sense of what we're working on, check out our engineering blog.
We work across the full-stack to create products that are robust and delightful for students, educators, and developers to use. Currently we write frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React with Redux and use Go for backend. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, Dynamo, Docker, and many AWS services (ECS, Step Functions, etc).
Things We’re Looking For
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Led projects and collaborated with a team to create meaningful impact
- Architected systems to solve a variety of product and data needs
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- The drive to learn and teach through collaboration and code reviews
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment
- Some iOs and Android development preferred but not required
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited credits for learning on amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers