Single sign-on for backend infrastructure.
Job Description / Skills Required
strongDM is a customer-first company that has a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Sales Engineers are strongDM’s in-house experts. The Sales Engineering team drives strongDM’s growth by educating potential clients and guiding them through the trial process. The team shares its product expertise with potential clients by offering demos, network diagramming sessions, deployments and technical troubleshooting. Our buyers are technical and skeptical of sales; this role requires a consultative approach to identify the frustrations and/or gaps in a prospect’s workflow and show how strongDM could help.
- Conduct discovery to identify the technical problems prospects are trying to solve and educate how the strongDM product may help.
- To be effective, SEs must demonstrate outstanding active listening skills and have a strong foundation in DevOps tooling and workflow.
- Provide product expertise and technical troubleshooting during trials to remove friction from the testing process and help prospects experience strongDM’s value as quickly as possible.
- Be a trusted resource for customers by fielding all questions outside of break/fix troubleshooting which are owned by support.
- Own technical engagement with customers during the trial phase.
- Represent the voice of the customer internally across product, support, and marketing to help prioritize features based on input from customers and competitors.
- Strong knowledge of current DevOps solutions and best practices.
- This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering.
- Outstanding active listening skills to accurately conduct technical discovery.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Passion and ability to educate customers about new devops products.
- Ability to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges - you're going to find new things every day.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- Programming experience - Extra points for C, Java, or Go.
- Experience in systems administration: Windows, Linux.
- Industry-standard base
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short/long-term disability
- 3 months parental leave
- 3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required