Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who want to build the future of transportation. We’re searching for Electrical Engineers to work closely with a multidisciplinary team spanning both hardware and software to define, design, integrate, and test self-driving vehicle systems.
- Work closely with autonomy software teams to define and translate sensor, planning, and control requirements into hardware specifications.
- Design the computers and electrical architecture on which this autonomy software will run.
- Work with hardware platform partners to define key electrical and mechanical interfaces with the vehicle.
- Design, build, integrate, and test prototypes.
- Work with hardware platform partners to productize parts and processes.
- This role requires a bachelor's or master's degree with a focus in electrical or computer engineering. Preference is given to those who have broad experience spanning several disciplines in the robotics domain (electrical, mechanical, and software).
- Applicants with a master's degree should have 2+ years of total professional experience with direct contribution to successful and relevant products.
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree should have 3+ years of total professional experience with direct contribution to successful and relevant products.
- Experience with or applied knowledge of motor vehicle systems and bus architectures
- Experience with both rapid prototyping and design for manufacture
- Understanding of automotive requirements and qualification processes
- C++ experience
- Proficiency with Altium/Cadence tools
- Experience with high-speed digital design and signal integrity
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson developed MIT'S Intelligent CoPilot, then led the team that delivered Tesla Autopilot. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.