Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. Do you have experience building strong relationships with engineering? Meticulous attention to detail? In this full-time role as a Triage Specialist, you will analyze events encountered by our vehicles and communicate them to engineering to impact product development. The triage process categorizes these events, identifies root causes and provides reports on performance. Your ultimate goal is to help drive rapid improvements in our self driving technology.
- Collect and review events encountered by the vehicle in real-world and simulated testing
- Identify failure modes, categorize severity and root cause problems
- Document and track software bugs through to resolution
- Assist with regulatory reporting requirements for disengagements
- Generate reports of system performance
- Thoroughly understand how our self-driving technology works
- Collaborate with engineering to improve the performance of our technology
- 1+ year of experience in a triage role for autonomous vehicle testing
- Clear and succinct communication skills
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and creating processes and workflows
- BS in a STEM field (ideally Statistics / Mathematics)
- Experience in Jira
- Experience with C++, Python, or SQL
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson developed MIT'S Intelligent CoPilot, then led the team that delivered Tesla Autopilot. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.