Conversational marketing platform.
Tampa, FL, US
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Ellie Mae, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
About the Role
As a Mid-Market Sales Engineer, you’ll be leading the technical discussion with our key prospects to make sure there’s nothing stopping them from getting the most out of Drift and Conversational Marketing. We are passionate about putting customers first.
You’ll be an integral part of the Sales team, working with both Pre and Post-Sales to ensure technical fit and create innovative solutions for our customers.
Your attention to detail focused on the customer needs will drive rapid customer onboarding completion and adoption. This will ultimately improve retention and overall success while helping to collect customer references, case studies, and product feedback.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- Support and assist sales executives with all aspects of the sales process including client presentations, proposals, product demonstrations, security reviews, implementation plans, and final close
- Listen carefully to prospects and clients to provide market feedback to the Product team and help prioritize functionality needed to drive sales opportunities
- Partner with Customer Success to provide new customers with a seamless onboarding experience
- Develop a deep understanding of our product capabilities, integrations, configurations messaging, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
- Creatively identify and help drive new programs to improve the sales organization
By month 3 you'll
- Master the Drift platform and understand how to properly demo the relevant modules of it to different personas based on their use case(s)
- Full command our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide the best in customer experience
- Grow into an integral part of our sales team helping customers overcome technical and security-related objections
- Passionate about customers extracting the most value out of Drift by sharing best practices for usage and adoption
- Work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Security evaluation, Single Sign-On, SAML, Platform Integrations, API usage)
- Make product and process improvement recommendations
By month 6 you'll
- Be a source of expertise for the SME sales team
- Drive complex deals from early sales stages through close within a fast-paced environment
- Master conversational sales and marketing practices and terminology
- Bring your thinking, strategy, and ideas to the team to advance our creative culture and vision for the future.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- You have a technical understanding of Salesforce and marketing automation systems including Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua, and Hubspot
- If this role is remote, you will need to be open to traveling every quarter to Boston
- You are willing and able to both give and receive constructive feedback
- You are creative, technical, and naturally persuasive.
- You are OK with juggling lots of priorities and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important things done.
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- You love listening to customers, discussing strategy with colleagues, but also diving into the weeds.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org