online trucking marketplace
About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA, NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role
The FP&A Manager will play a strategic role for forecasting, business planning, management reporting, and business analytics activities. She/He will bring outstanding planning and modelings skills with a willingness to learn about the freight-tech industry. This role will be dedicated to helping Next stakeholders make well informed decisions based on Company financial analysis and performance.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare and review advanced financial analyses financial modeling
- Review analyses comparing actual results to trends, budget and forecasts
- Review budget and forecast for complex areas including revenue and COGS
- Manage process of preparing external and internal presentations
- Independently resolve complex questions and requests from internal and external parties
- Ensure quality of relationships between Finance team members and stakeholders
What You’ll Have:
- Typical 5 years experience in corporate finance, accounting, consulting or related field
- Experience supervising work of others
- Experience implementing an ERP, business intelligence, or FP&A tool
- Comfortable managing relationships with senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of SQL (nice-to-have)
What You’ll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry