SaaS HR platform for mid-market companies
Namely is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join our small but mighty Security team. At Namely, we are self-starters and problem solvers, obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients. We are a team of smart and self-motivated engineers who are eager to learn, grow, and collaborate with each other. Each person is the owner of their work and directly impacts the success of our products and company.
As a Senior Security Engineer at Namely, you will be responsible for supporting the ongoing security operations of a platform that 1,400+ companies use to manage their employees and payroll. You will be a technical leader and contribute to the overall security strategy across the organization. The ideal candidate is a collaborative and diligent problem-solver with in-depth experience in IT and cloud security and has a strong track record of delivering high-quality results. You’ll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, shape Namely’s engineering culture, and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Stop cyber threats from compromising our data.
- Design, deploy, and operate security tools.
- Continuously monitor the environment for anomalies and indicators of compromise.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Triage security bugs and vulnerabilities.
- Identify and remediate risks in partnership with other teams and departments.
- Create clear and concise documentation.
- Be a subject matter expert for customer support, go-to-market, and compliance teams.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good team player with strong technical communication skills.
- Desire to keep up with emerging threats and effective countermeasures.
- Deep experience with monitoring tools and interpreting their output.
- Seasoned incident handler able to analyze attacks and lead response efforts.
- Practical experience designing and implementing cloud security solutions, ideally in AWS.
- Operational knowledge of Kubernetes and securing microservice architectures.
- Strong understanding of agile software development.
- Coding ability in at least programming or scripting language, preferably Python, Go, or Bash.
- 6+ years of experience in a technical security role
- Technical security certifications such as CISSP, CEH, or GIAC.
- Previous experience at a startup or tech company.
- Working knowledge of NIST (CSF, 800-53), CSA, and AICPA SOC 2.
- Hands-on experience with Splunk Cloud.
- Comfortable with infrastructure as code tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and Terraform.