Advancing 3D printing.
Redwood City, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Carbon is commercializing fundamental advances in 3D printing materials and hardware. The result: Faster printing, diverse material properties, and a game-changing customer experience. Our product is the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science. Our mission is simple: to change how products are produced, and allow our customers to make the un-makeable. From Adidas Futurecraft4D midsoles, patient-specific medical devices, to on-demand spare part production, we enable creation in ways that were previously impossible.
We are a team of passionate entrepreneurs, engineers, programmers, and materials scientists who value creativity and the ability to get things done. Carbon operates in a complex business environment that includes a global customer and vendor base, a product portfolio across software, chemicals, hardware, and accessories, and the ambition to scale new technology in mass production and manufacturing. To support our growth strategy, we are looking to hire Strategic Sourcing Manager.
This role will report to Carbon’s Director of Strategic Sourcing.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies in support of Carbon’s growth plan, with a focus on Optics, Opto-Mechanical, and manufacturing services.
- Working closely with our manufacturing partners, identify and implement cost reduction strategies beyond the Tier I level in order to drive profitable volume growth.
- Establish and manage strategic supplier relationships at the executive level, including holding regular business reviews.
- Lead NPI engagement from the sourcing organization with the Carbon Engineering and Product teams
- Drive process improvement and efficiency across operations, including scenario planning for product and inventory strategies
- Negotiate various agreements as needed with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms
- Formulate contingency plans to de-risk technical challenges, long lead time, single source, and any supply issue
- Lead the day-to-day process of ensuring successful partnerships (milestone adherence, change order management, quality assurance, cost control, etc.) and build supplier performance assessments to support future sourcing decisions
- Ensure optimal contract coverage in partnership with engineering and legal support
- Identify sourcing alternatives to drive efficiencies via benchmarking, competitive quotes, and engineering changes
- Proactively engage with engineering and finance stakeholders to refine and execute on the medium-term business and technology roadmap
- Bachelors degree, MBA, or related experience.
- Minimum 7 years work experience in strategic sourcing or a related field.
- Strategic sourcing, financial and business opportunity analysis, comfort with legal frameworks and contract negotiation skills (development, supply, licensing, and service agreements)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders, including C-level, engineering, legal, finance, manufacturing, and logistics
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem-solve
- Be self-directed and organized; able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Propensity for problem solving skills and business acumen in a highly dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience at both mature and developing corporate environments a plus.
- Must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- Possess a Drive for Results: Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty.
- Demonstrates Business Acumen: Contribute to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
- Values Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way
- Drives Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Applies Analytical Thinking: Gather relevant information, identify key issues, compare data from different sources; draw appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Values Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging and to make joint decision and share best practices.
- Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decisions.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills