Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
San Francisco, CA, US
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. This candidate will help drive Aurora’s strategy and commercialization approach: defining how we best align the Aurora Driver to the most impactful applications and markets, and how we commercialize and scale within those markets. This person will bring a background in and passion for the transportation space to optimize the developmental scope and go-to-market strategy for Aurora’s self-driving solution.
- Work with external parties and market participants to deeply understand the market for Aurora’s products.
- Develop product and go-to-market and product strategy for each application of the Aurora Driver.
- Work cross-functionally with product, partnerships, engineering, and operations teams to drive key strategic projects that support our business goals.
- Experience in Transportation Technology space.
- 8+ years of experience in strategy or business operations and/or relevant management consulting or finance experience.
- Proven ability to deliver in a highly complex product space.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, and ability to connect quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Some understanding of technical elements of self driving technologies.
- Understanding of and a passion for all areas of transportation, including self-driving cars, mobility as a service, and vehicle technology.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, or a related field.
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson developed MIT'S Intelligent CoPilot, then led the team that delivered Tesla Autopilot. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.